Sunday, February 11, 2007




So, my camera batteries died today. I will not be posting photos of my current work again for a few days. But, I have a great story. Last summer I went thrifting (of course) and I saw an older Mc Call's Pattern for a handbag. It was in a box and was not marked. Now, I am pretty aggressive at these things, and my friend Jess wanted to leave the scene. It was a bad part of the city in a questionable neighborhood. But I NEEDED this pattern, so I asked how much? The girl said I could have it for $1 if I took the whole box, so I saw some small pieces of fabric in it, so I said sure. This is quite spendy for my town. Anyway, I put the box in the back of the van and looked in it a week later. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are probably 25 Barbie outfits cut, pinned and marked and ready to sew, but the very best part is in the photo...check out the patterns. My daughter is 4 so I might attempt a few of the Barbie outfits, but either way, I scored some great old patterns, some vintage small fabric pieces, and oh yeah, a great bag pattern! Hee Hee!

I will be stitching now, Ta Ta!

No comments: