Thursday, February 14, 2008

Remembering Grandpa

This photo is of my dear Grandpa ( and my sister.) Grandpa passed away Monday evening, and we are headed home for the funeral tomorrow. I love him so much! When we were little grandchildren, he took us fishing, and tried his best to teach us about life, along with a Saturday morning jig, to get us up at the cottage. His last days he was anxious to dance in Heaven, and I sure hope he is dancing now. He was a pretty good dancer too! The past couple of years he would go downstairs and dance alone when Grandma couldn't. The next two days will be tough, but we will all (siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins and babies) be with Grandma and we will all find comfort in that time. I'll be back next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog from a link on Jenn Duncan's. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a very special grandpa.

Becky said...

Dawn, I know your grandpa is in heaven but still my heart goes out to you. I am thinking of you.

Tesla said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months and enjoy it immensely.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

jen duncan said...

So sorry Dawn. I hope you all take solace knowing he's in a better place. Travel safe.

coral-seas said...

Sorry for your loss, Dawn. All those special memories will help you through this. I can picture your Grandpa dancing in Heaven, like dancing on air.

CA