Monday, November 30, 2009

Nostalgia & New beginnings

My fondest memory of my Grandma Schmitt was her crocheting at the kitchen table after dinner, sitting with my Grandpa, watching TV, visiting with each other and any of their 11 children, or friendly neighbors who randomly stopped in. Usually with a cold beer on the table, and a smile on her face. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, one of my Aunts very graciously gave me a crochet project my grandma had been working on over
years ago. She wondered if I could do anything with it? I am overwhelmed with nostalgia and joy and cannot wait to work with it! Thank you Nancy!
New beginning in our family is my little sister Kate is nearly due with her first child, a boy and we had a delightful time at her baby shower on Saturday. She will make a great mom! Hard to believe Kate was born while I was in High School. How time flies!


2 comments:

Jane said...

You will really enjoy working on your grandmother's crochet. I've finished a couple of things my mum started, and they stay special for a long time

Janell V said...

What a nice post. Love the new beginnings. Thanks for a fabulous weekend. I posted a photo of you on my blog! "The Dessert Diva"

Love Janell